The Sunken Temple – earthy wellness
A concealed entrance, a narrow corridor. The route into the hidden wellness jewel at the Posthotel Achenkirch is shrouded in secrecy. And it has a fairytale destination … Enter the Sunken Temple, a mystical sauna landscape deep inside the earth!
Energy room with the elementary power of nature
A circular meditation room forms the centrepiece of the Sunken Temple, housing something elementary beneath its glass dome: a place of worship for the body. A fireplace surrounded by water, a bridge between the salt spa room, dragon sauna, temple sauna and ice fountain … an Asian-inspired place of tranquillity for purification and renewal!
- Salt spring dome: Enwrap yourself with the moist heat in the sole dome and enjoy the highly concentrated salt spring originated from the Karwendel mountains.
- Dragon sauna: Encounter the guard of the sunken temple – through the nostrils of the fibreglass-dragon steam essential oils.
- Temple sauna: Draw inspiration from the Indian sand stone, the Chinese signs and the exalted columns – Sweating in gentle dry heat.
- Ice fountain: Afterwards experience the freshness thrill surrounded by natural stone – for cooling and good for the cardiac cycle.
- Trail of water: The Kneipp area for all senses
Sacred wellness with a striking design
Material selection and expression of form create the organic setting for this delicate sanctuary. Gentle light, precious natural materials and clear architecture combine fire and water, warmth and cold. Cosy nests of tranquillity provide security in the lap of Mother Earth. Peace. Strength. Spirituality. Strength from the very core: allow elementary energies to rush through you – and provide you with wings for everyday life …
Opening hours Sunken Temple: daily 1 – 8 pm